Careers at the IIB
The International Investment Bank (IIB) is a multilateral development institution with over EUR 7.6 billion invested during the 45 years of its existence. The IIB invests in projects benefitting the economies of its member states and fostering economic cooperation between them, and focuses in particular on support for SMEs. The current nine members and shareholders of the Bank are Bulgaria, Cuba, Czech Republic, Hungary, Mongolia, Romania, Russia, Slovakia and Vietnam. The IIB has undergone major transformation since late 2012 and is rated А3 (outlook stable) by Moody's, BBB+ (outlook positive) by Fitch, A- (outlook stable) by Standard & Poor’s, A- by Dagong Europe (outlook stable), A by ACRA (outlook stable).
Since our foundation in 1970, the IIB team has always been international and multicultural. Currently, the IIB pursues its goals through a well-coordinated team of talented professionals.
The corporate culture of the Bank implies IIB's responsibility for its employees, the creation of a motivating environment and strengthening of the team spirit, providing opportunities to expand professional capacity. Our employees are distinguished by their social and business ethics, respect for human rights, high professionalism and drive to achieve excellence.
The IIB offers competitive remuneration, medical insurance, opportunity to participate in a voluntary pension scheme and other benefits.
Due to pandemic connected with spreading the COVID-19 infection, the IIB recruitment process is currently on hold status. In case of your interest in any vacancy below, please send your CV to HR@iibbank.com and upon stabilization of the situation we will return to consideration of your application.
Senior Banker at Customer Relations Department
- Constant monitoring of the Bank’s member states markets with a view to searching new partners and customers primarily in Slovakia to prepare long-list of prospects;
- Constant update of contacts and development of relations with existing customers and partners;
- Analysis of customers’ needs in the Bank’s lending products;
- Selling the Bank’s products, conducting negotiations on forms and terms of cooperation;
- Origination and participation in syndicated loans;
- Considering customers’ credit requests;
- Receiving customer’s set of documents for financial analysis and preparing credit proposal;
- Negotiating deal’s structure with customers and divisions involved;
- Collection from the clients of all required documents in accordance with the internal procedures and active participation in the preparation of the set of documents for Credit Committee and Management Board and Counsel of the Bank, if deal approval is not related to the authority of Management Board or carrying out the procedure of “no objection”;
- Controlling timely customer’s documents receipt and submitting the documents to divisions involved with a view to regular and ad-hoc monitoring;
- Controlling customer’s complete and timely obligations fulfilment under existing agreements.
- University degree in finance/economics.
- Working experience in the related function at least 5 years;
- Experience in search and attraction of customers / experience in selling of banking products and services / experience in customer support and building long-term relations;
- Successful experience in investment projects and syndicated loans;
- Working experience in international banks and/or development banks and/or commercial banks, including the IIB member states (top 20).
Knowledge, skills and competencies:
- Knowledge of principal lending process stages;
- Knowledge of market research and analysis of customers’ credit products needs;
- Knowledge of international financial markets– preferred;
- Skills in monitoring of Bank’s prospects with a view to lending and investment;
- Sales skills: searching customers, establishing contacts, needs identification, conducting presentations, dealing with objections;
- Skills in preparing snapshot analysis of borrower’s financial standing and trustworthiness;
- Skills in providing expert analysis and evaluation of lending projects efficiency;
- Skills in preparing credit and financial documentation;
- Skills in monitoring of financial model project architecture / current business;
- Skills in arranging/participating in syndicated facilities;
- Advanced PC user (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel);
- Excellent knowledge of English (not less than Advanced level) and Slovak/Czech;
- Knowledge of Russian and/or a second foreign language of the IIB member states would be an advantage.
- Job location – Budapest, Hungary;
- The IIB provides a competitive remuneration with attractive benefits package including medical insurance, relocation package (if required) and other benefits and allowances.