Careers at the IIB
The International Investment Bank (IIB) is a multilateral development institution with over EUR 9 billion invested during the 50 years of its existence. The IIB invests in projects benefitting the economies of its member states and fostering economic cooperation between them, and focuses in particular on support for SMEs. The current nine members and shareholders of the Bank are Bulgaria, Cuba, Czech Republic, Hungary, Mongolia, Romania, Russia, Slovakia and Vietnam. The IIB has undergone major transformation since late 2012 and is rated А3 (outlook stable) by Moody's, A- (outlook stable) by Fitch, A- (outlook stable) by Standard & Poor’s, A- by Dagong Europe (outlook stable), A by ACRA (outlook stable).
Since our foundation in 1970, the IIB team has always been international and multicultural. Currently, the IIB pursues its goals through a well-coordinated team of talented professionals.
The corporate culture of the Bank implies IIB's responsibility for its employees, the creation of a motivating environment and strengthening of the team spirit, providing opportunities to expand professional capacity. Our employees are distinguished by their social and business ethics, respect for human rights, high professionalism and drive to achieve excellence.
The IIB offers competitive remuneration, medical insurance, opportunity to participate in a voluntary pension scheme and other benefits.
In case of your interest in any vacancy below, please send your CV to HR@iibbank.com.
Senior Counsel of Legal Department
- Advise on legal risks and develop Bank’s approaches within the competence of the Department;
- Advise in the structuring of complex cross-border transactions, selection and management of external legal counsels, drafting and negotiation of transaction documentation, as well as assistance in the legal aspects of project monitoring;
- Interpret and advise Bank’s staff on internal operational policies and procedures;
- Conduct comparative legal analysis on a range of issues in a given area, identify legal and policy issues, research relevant precedents, and propose appropriate solutions to colleagues and clients;
- Write and review policy papers, undertake legal research on topics in the area of concentration, and contribute to disseminating policy and best practices in a given field;
- Coordinate and collaborate with other multilateral development banks and development partners;
- Engage in policy discussions and negotiations with officials internally and externally, developing relationships with members of the legal profession and lawyers working in development partner agencies;
- Participate in the representation and protection of the interests of the Bank to third parties within the framework of the Department.
Requirements for candidates:
- An LLM degree, J.D. or equivalent, or admission to the Bar (or equivalent) in at least one jurisdiction.
- A minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience;
- Work experience in international organizations and/or international banks and/or development banks and/or commercial banks, including in the IIB member countries and / or in the relevant government institutions of the Bank's member countries – desirable.
Professional knowledge, skills and competencies:
- Expertise in cross-border project finance, corporate finance and structured finance with reference to an established track record of the successful structuring, drafting, negotiating and delivery of transactions in support of medium and short-term investment in Russia is required;
- Excellent command of English and Russian, including drafting and negotiating legal documents in these languages;
- An understanding of the legal aspects of investment operations of multilateral banks is an advantage;
- Excellent legal research, writing, analytical and communications skills;
- Experience in international, commercial or contract law, in transactional legal work and/or preparation and negotiation of legal agreements;
- Excellent legal drafting skills, including of transactional documentation such as agreements, legal memos and/or other instruments and work product as relevant where applicable, based on appropriate research and delivered in clear, precise writing;
- Familiarity in the use of varied legal research sources (including electronic sources on the internet) and other databases;
- Proven ability to operate effectively as a member of a team, as well as, ability to work independently and under own initiative;
- Proven ability to deal sensitively in multicultural environments and build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Place of work - IIB Moscow Branch, Russia;
- IIB offers competitive remuneration, attractive benefits package, including private medical insurance, relocation package (if required) and other allowances and compensations.