Careers at the IIB
The International Investment Bank (IIB) is a multilateral development institution with over EUR 7.6 billion invested during the 45 years of its existence. The IIB invests in projects benefitting the economies of its member states and fostering economic cooperation between them, and focuses in particular on support for SMEs. The current nine members and shareholders of the Bank are Bulgaria, Cuba, Czech Republic, Hungary, Mongolia, Romania, Russia, Slovakia and Vietnam. The IIB has undergone major transformation since late 2012 and is rated А3 (outlook stable) by Moody's, BBB+ (outlook stable) by Fitch, A- (outlook stable) by Standard & Poor’s, A by Dagong (outlook positive).
Since our foundation in 1970, the IIB team has always been international and multicultural. Currently, the IIB pursues its goals through a well-coordinated team of talented professionals at its headquarters in Moscow, Russia.
The corporate culture of the Bank implies IIB's responsibility for its employees, the creation of a motivating environment and strengthening of the team spirit, providing opportunities to expand professional capacity. Our employees are distinguished by their social and business ethics, respect for human rights, high professionalism and drive to achieve excellence.
The IIB offers competitive remuneration, medical insurance, opportunity to participate in a voluntary pension scheme and other benefits.
If you are interested in contributing to the important investment activities of the Bank and joining our international team, please send your CV to HR@iibbank.com
Adviser / Consultant, Legal Department
- General legal support of the Bank’s activities in Hungary, control on compliance of the Bank’s activities with the requirements of Hungarian and EU law;
- Cooperation with government bodies of Hungary and EU countries (where applicable);
- Drafting of different legal documents (letters, references, analytical materials, etc.);
- Participation in the preparation of instructions, rules, regulations and other internal regulatory documents of the Bank;
- Legal support and expertise of the Bank's transactions in the framework of its core activity;
- Legal support of corporate matters and administrative activity of the Bank;
- Development of draft of contracts, agreements and memorandums, participation in activities to improve and systematize the Bank’s internal regulations and templates of documents;
- Cooperation with external legal advisors.
- University degree in law, specialization in international law – preferred.
- Professional experience in legal departments of state bodies, financial organizations - at least 5 years;
- Work experience in international banks/organizations or in governmental institutions in the relevant position.
Knowledge, skills and competencies:
- Knowledge of public international law, corporate law, civil law and financial law;
- Knowledge of Hungarian legislation;
- Skills of interaction with the Ministry of Foreign Affairsand Tradeof Hungary;
- Skills in development and legal expertise of contracts, agreements, memorandums;
- Advanced PC user (MS Office);
- Upper-intermediate and higher level of English language;
- Upper - intermediate and higher level of Hungarian language and/or a second foreign language of the IIB member states would be an advantage.
- Work location – Budapest, Hungary;
- The IIB provides a competitive salary with attractive benefits package including medical insurance and other benefits and allowances.