Careers at the IIB
The International Investment Bank (IIB) is a multilateral development institution with over EUR 9 billion invested during the 50 years of its existence. The IIB invests in projects benefitting the economies of its member states and fostering economic cooperation between them, and focuses in particular on support for SMEs. The current five shareholders of the Bank are Cuba, Mongolia, Russia and Vietnam.
Since our foundation in 1970, the IIB team has always been international and multicultural. Currently, the IIB pursues its goals through a well-coordinated team of talented professionals.
The corporate culture of the Bank implies IIB's responsibility for its employees, the creation of a motivating environment and strengthening of the team spirit, providing opportunities to expand professional capacity. Our employees are distinguished by their social and business ethics, respect for human rights, high professionalism and drive to achieve excellence.
The IIB offers competitive remuneration, private medical insurance, opportunity to participate in a pension scheme and other benefits.
In case of your interest in any vacancy below, please send your CV to HR@iibbank.com.
Deputy Director of Legal Department
- Ensure legal support for the activities of the Bank and monitor compliance with applicable laws;
- Participation in planning, organization and implementation of legal support for corporate and business activities of the Bank;
- Drafting and negotiating transaction documents, including distressed assets, execution and denouncement of contracts, assisting adjoined Departments of the Bank with all other legal issues;
- Preparation and implementation of measures aimed at ensuring the protection of the rights and interests of the Bank;
- Development, improvement and systematization of internal regulations, contracts, memorandums, agreements, as well as preparation of legal documents (letters, inquiries, analytical materials, etc.);
- Organization of interaction with external legal consultants;
- Advise Bank staff on internal operational policies and procedures;
- Follow up on current trends in the field of law in the area of international financial organizations, introducing applicable practices into the Bank's activities.
Requirements for candidates:
- University degree in law, specialization in international law – preferred.
- Work experience in a similar direction - at least 7 years;
- Experience in managing full legal support of transactions to attract financing, investment and project financing, trade finance;
- Working experience in conditions of crisis management;
- Work experience in international organizations and / or international banks and / or development banks and / or commercial banks, including in the IIB member countries and / or in the relevant direction in the relevant government institutions of the Bank's member countries.
Professional knowledge, skills and competencies:
- Knowledge in the field of international public, private, corporate, civil and financial law;
- Skills of legal support and expertise of credit transactions, including problem loans;
- Experience in legal support of corporate and business activities of the organization;
- Experience of interaction with sanctions institutions - desired;
- Experience with OFAC licensing - desired;
- Experience in developing regulatory documents, agreements and memorandums;
- Advanced PC user (MS Office);
- Advanced level of English language;
- Second foreign language of the IIB member states would be an advantage.
- Place of work - 7 Mashi Poryvaevoy Street, Moscow;
- IIB offers competitive remuneration, attractive social package, including voluntary medical insurance and other benefits and compensations.