Resource-saving, energy efficiency and clean technologies
The Bank aims to contribute to improving the environment and mitigating the effects of global climate change. That is why resource conservation, energy efficiency and clean technologies are among the priority areas to which International Investment Bank pays special attention. Prioritizing of financing projects aimed at energy and resource efficiency, IIB contributes to achieving the goals of sustainable development, which is consistent with the national interests of member states and contributes to the quality of life of their citizens. All financed projects undergo mandatory preliminary assessment of their environmental impact. The results of this assessment are used by the Bank when making decision on the financing. We pay special attention to the following types of projects:
• projects aimed at energy conservation and renewable energy sources;
• projects that contribute to limiting greenhouse gas emissions and introducing advanced technology in mitigating the effects of global climate change and adapting to global climate change;
• projects that contribute to introducing advanced environmental protection technology into industrial and household waste management, toxic or hazardous waste management, as well as recycling projects;
• projects that contribute to introducing advanced technology into water management, water quality improvement, and improved community access to clean drinking water, including the use of recycling technology;
• projects that are aimed at promoting the environmental viability of urban and rural development;
• projects that contribute to introducing sustainability practices into the agricultural, fishing, and forest industries, including such aspects as animal welfare.
International Investment Bank practices following support mechanisms:
• Financing of purchase, repair and installation of equipment that allows to save natural resources and energy.
• Financing of purchase and repair of equipment which complies with the relevant selection criteria for energy efficiency indicators (based on an independent expert opinion).• Financing of purchase, repair and installation of equipment related to the consideration of energy resources.